Saturday 6 April 2013

LETTING GO


Psalms 23:1-3 – The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yes. That is our Lord. That is what He loves doing for us. Providing for us. Giving us peace in our hearts and restoring our souls. He also leads us in righteousness and all this for His name's sake. But how many let Him do so in their lives?
Since the Lord is my shepherd, the Bible says, I shall not be in want. That sounds like a promise to me. This then means that I need to let go, trust Him and allow Him to be my shepherd. However, how many times do we have doubts when facing hard times? How many times do we ask “Is the Lord really with me?”? We start applying our own efforts. Our own wit which, most of the time, creates ideas out of fear. Ideas which focus on the short term solutions. Fear and doubt obscure our eyes from seeing the reality of things and that is where we falter. When we are down, we start crying out for help. We don't call out for God's help, we just call out. He watches. 
In spite of all, our ever loving Father is always with us. Even when we are unsure, He is always there. We may be uncertain, but He is always working something out behind the curtains. He is that faithful. We need to be sure of this fact. All we need to do is just acknowledge His presence and at His own set time, He will manifest. When doubts creep in, let us learn to denounce them out loud. I always say “God promised me that He would never leave me nor forsake me and I chose to believe Him”. That very moment I say this confidently, doubt jumps out of the window and hope becomes my strength. This is the kind of faith we need to posses. Nothing gives God more joy than having undisputed loyalty and faith in Him.
From Romans 8:31, the Bible asks, if the Lord is for us, who can be against us? Another verse encourages that – with the Lord, we are more than conquerors. Again, Philippians 4:13 says – I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. These are just but a few of the many assurances of victory we are given in the word. Many a times we have come across them. Countless times we have heard sermons about them. Zillions of songs have been composed exhorting the same theme. But do we listen, or do we just hear? Do we meditate and think about what it really means to be more than a conqueror?
As sons of God, we are more than conquerors. We can do all things, overcome all temptations and rise above any situation in Jesus’ name. Yes, that is the Name. When we falter, we need to call on Him. He will always lift us up. We need to believe and have confidence that we are more than conquerors because we have a Mighty God on our side. A loving shepherd. Whatever the circumstance, let us be still and let go. He will always come to our rescue. Things may not always go our way but let us trust that His way is the best. With that in mind, like a sheep, I will let Him be my shepherd.                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment